Orewa Beach Hotels
Orewa Beach, New Zealand
Orewa Beach is located in Orewa to the north of Auckland on the North Island of New Zealand. The area is famous for the beach and local regional parks (such as Puriri Park), which draw thousands of visitors a year. This is the gateway to the Hibiscus Coast and makes for a great day trip from Auckland. ... Read more »
Orewa Beach Attractions
- Alice Eaves Scenic Reserve
- Snow Planet
- Shakespear Regional Park near Orewa Beach
Orewa Beach Activities
- Kite board at Orewa Beach, where the water is vast and the wind is strong
- Walk along the Millennium Walkway, looping through beautiful parks before returning along the beach
- Take the kids and test your bumper-boat skills at Action Raceway, boating in a landscaped pool complete with rocks and palm trees
Orewa Beach Climate
Orewa Beach is one of the warmest and sunniest areas of New Zealand. Average summer temperatures reach 24°C (75°F); average winter temperatures drop to 14°C (58°F).
Getting There & Around
The nearest international airport is in Auckland; Orewa Beach is just a short, 20 minutes drive from Auckland’s harbour bridge. Cars can be hired for the trip, and several intercity buses have routes with stops in Orewa (specifically the Auckland to Paihia line). There are direct buses that will take passengers from Orewa to Shakespear Regional Park and Waiwera.
It is easiest to get around Orewa by car, as there is no local bus service.« Hide