Monte Carlo Hotels
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Monte Carlo is a business and recreational district in Monaco, a city-state that lies between the Alps and the Mediterranean Sea. Bound by the French Riviera on the west and the Italian Riviera on the east, this area is a stunning place to vacation. From shopping at the Condamine Market to attending the Monte Carlo Rally, this locale is undeniably opulent and over the top. ... Read more »
Monte Carlo History
- Palais Princier – This palace offers breathtaking panoramic views over Monte Carlo.
- Monaco Cathedral – Built in 1875, this romanesque-byzantine church is dedicated to Saint Nicolas.
- La Condamine – Stop here to marvel at the luxurious yachts adorning the marina.
- Napoleon Museum – A museum containing artefacts belonging to Napoleon I.
- Prince’s Car Collection – The ideal destination for car enthusiasts where old carriages and cars and brand-new Formula One racing cars can be found.
Monte Carlo Art & Culture
- Oceanographic Museum and Aquarium – A world-renowned Monte Carlo attraction. This museum is home to fascinating collections of marine fauna and specimens of sea creatures.
- Monaco Opera House – Built by architect Charles Garnier, the opera house is as flamboyant as it is beautiful.
- Marlborough Fine Arts Gallery – This gallery hosts a fine collection of post-World War II artwork, including paintings by Pablo Picasso, David Hockney and Henri Matisse.
- Grand Casino – Enjoy a wide range of entertainment at this casino.
- Monaco International Salsa Festival – This yearly festival gathers together some of the greatest salsa dancers.
Monte Carlo Shopping
- Fred Boutique – Located on an exclusive avenue, this boutique is the official jeweller of Monaco's royal family.
- Boutique du Rocher – Popular with travellers wishing to purchase souvenirs to take home.
- Golden Circle – Where all the most fashionable clothes shops are found. Hermes, Gucci, Christian Dior and Prada can be uncovered here.
- Condamine Market – A lively market located in the Place d'Armes and a great place to bargain for souvenirs.
- Galerie Moghadam – An award-winning shop selling handwoven tapestries.
Gay & Lesbian Monte Carlo
- Le Box – An ultra-hip, cosmopolitan party venue perfect for those who wish to dance until dawn.
- Le Karement – A huge, vibrant club featuring multilevel spaces and great music.
- Chip and Castle – A lively bar which offers tourists and locals an eclectic, memorable night out.
- Black Diamond – A classy bar with a relaxing ambiance.
- Le Point Rouge – An elegant bar, perfect for relaxing with newfound friends.
Monte Carlo Outdoor
- Monaco-Ville – An astonishingly picturesque medieval village comprising countless pedestrian streets and passageways.
- Jardin Exotique (Exotic Gardens) – One of Monte Carlo’s many gardens and home to thousands of rare plants from across the globe.
- Aquavision – Discover Monte Carlo from the sea by taking a fascinating boat tour in a catamaran-style boat with two windows for underwater vision.
- Azur Express – Take this fun tourist train to visit Monte Carlo and its palaces.
- Casino Square Gardens – Take a stroll around these magnificent Monte Carlo gardens.
Monte Carlo Sport
- Catch Monaco’s spectacular annual Formula One Grand Prix race through the narrow and twisted streets of the Circuit de Monaco.
- Watch world championship boxing while on holiday in the city.
- Enjoy the Monte Carlo Masters tennis tournament at Roquebrune-Cap-Martin.
- Check out the Monte Carlo Intercontinental Rally Challenge.
- Be in awe of the skills of the participants of the World Backgammon Championship.
Monte Carlo Attractions
- Monte Carlo Casino
- Napoleon Museum
- Prince's Palace
Monte Carlo Activities
- See the Formula 1 Grand Prix
- Take the Aquavision boat tour
- Have fun at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club
Monte Carlo Climate
In Monte Carlo, the weather is rarely bad, and how could it be with almost 3,000 hours of sunlight per year? Rainfall averages about 43 inches (1,100 mm) a year, and snow is extremely rare. In the summer, temperatures frequently reach 86°F (30°C), and during the winter, days are a breezy, warm 50°F (10°C).
Getting There & Around
The nearest airport is the Nice Cote-d'Azur International Airport, which is about 25 miles (40 km) from the city's centre in nearby France. There are regular Rapide Cote D’Azur buses that connect to and from Monte Carlo, as well as taxis.
Once in the city, walking, buses and hired cars are a great way to get around. When walking about, visitors will find escalators that help to climb steep hills, making a trek in the city easy and fast.« Hide