Bukit Tinggi History
- Rumah Tuo Kampai Nan Panjang – This house was built during the Dutch colonial era and allows visitors to see Indonesian architecture from the past.
- King Palace – This historic building showcases the ancient architecture of Bukit Tinggi.
- Mesjid Tuo Belimbing – This ancient religious site is an important place of worship for the people of Bukit Tinggi.
- Jam Gadang – This historic clock tower is the centerpiece of the market square and is famous for its horn-shaped roof.
- Lobang Jepang – These underground bunkers were built by the Japanese during World War II and are popular attractions.
Bukit Tinggi Art & Culture ... Read more »
- Rumah Gadang – This museum was built in the 19th century and presents shows every Sunday.
- Taman Hutan Raya Bung Hatta – This popular garden resort is a great way to learn about the flora and fauna in the area.
- Pandai Sikat – This small village near Bukit Tinggi is famous for its hand-woven cloth and wooden furniture.
- Matur – Small village that overlooks Lake Maninjau and is famous for its local dance shows.
- Rimba Panti Nature Reserve – The largest flower in the world, which blooms only once a year, is featured at this reserve.
Bukit Tinggi Shopping
- Market Square – Located at the center of Bukit Tinggi and has an array of local stalls and handicrafts.
- Payakumbuh – Village just outside of Bukit Tinggi that is known for its handmade baskets.
- Bukit Tinggi Shopping Center – Has a wide variety of clothing and jewellery stores, as well as an intriguing food court.
- Pasar Wisata – This indoor market is one of the best places in the city to buy souvenirs and gifts.
- Pasar Atas – This outdoor market sells various types of handicrafts, gifts and souvenirs.
Gay & Lesbian Bukit Tinggi
- Ambun Suri Hotel – This gay-friendly hotel is near the clock tower and offers unique rooms.
- Taman Kota – The town square is one of the best places in Bukit Tinggi to meet new people.
- Hotel Novotel – This gay-friendly hotel is a favorite among young gay travelers.
- Bumi Minang – This bar outside of Bukit Tinggi is a favorite among gay men, especially on Saturday nights.
- Grand Malino – This gay-friendly hotel is within walking distance of the major attractions in the city.