Avignon Budget Hotels
Avignon prides itself on its rich medieval history. You probably didn't learn this in school, but seven rebelling popes took refuge in this largely 13th-century city. Taking a trip to Avignon makes this history come alive, as the majority of the old buildings are in fine fettle today and are ready to accommodate you for a holiday to remember. However, is it expensive? Like anywhere in France, it can be if you want, but never fear; there is a fine range of budget hotels in Avignon. ... Read more »
Top 5 Budget Activities in Avignon
- Sightseeing can mean easily spending a day or three wandering the streets, camera in hand, to take a trip back in time.
- Camping excursions at Avignon are very popular, and they are surely hard to beat for experience and value.
- There are numerous theatres, and in the summer months the travelling troupes bring all kinds of entertainment to the town.
- Despite the old-fashioned surroundings, the nightlife is very active all year round, but is most lively in the summer.
- Get insider info with one of the many city tours, usually on foot.
The food is just as good as anything else in Avignon and can be enjoyed on a budget.
Avignon Cheap Eats
- Istanbul Kebap, Place des Corps Saints
- Tapalocas, rue Galante
- Glaces et Sorbets, rue Saint Agricole
- Au Tour Petit, rue d'Amphoux
Any budget hotel in Avignon offers a great way to get close to the sights and sounds of this very interesting town without spending a small fortune.« Hide