Dalby, a culturally rich agricultural town is located in the Darling Downs area of Queensland, Australia and is 210 kilometres away from the capitol of Brisbane. The annual cotton Dalby Cotton Week festival is celebrated in March with festivities that last for 10 days. Driving under the coal loading facility at Macalister and visiting the Wilkie Creek Open Cut Coal Mine is a fun trip. ... Read more »
- Pioneer Park Museum
- Lake Broadwater Conservation Park
- “Bronze Digger” War Memorial
- Explore The Bunya Mountains National Park and the historic Jimbour House.
- Follow the Heritage Trail and enjoy a bit of local history.
- Enjoy a working museum at the Jondaryan Woolshed & Station.
Getting To Dalby And Around
A small municipal airport services the town of Dalby; however international travellers may opt to fly into larger airports, as the Oakey airport, which is about fifty kilometres away. There are five other airports within an 80-kilometre distance of Dalby, including Tara Airport, Chinchilla Airport and Toowoomba Airport.
Given its location at the crossroads of four major highways, traveling to and through Darby is by no means difficult. Both Greyhound and Queensland Rail offer regular service through this area.« Hide